Celebrate National Dog Day!
Happy National Dog Day! Also known as National Dog Appreciation Day, National Dog Day is a day to show our appreciation for the millions of the dogs in the US that keep us safe and bring us comfort and companionship. Here are just some of the ways that you can give back and make a dog’s life better today!
- Give a dog a second chance. Adopt from your local shelter or rescue organization.
- Volunteer at your local shelter. Offer to walk a dog or play with a dog, clean cages or anything else they need help with.
- Do a safety check at home. Make sure it's safe for your dog and others. Check all fencing for possible escape options and protruding nails, and repair as needed. Inside, make sure all toxic plants and chemicals are out of reach.
- Donate. Animal shelters are always in need of blankets, food, and toys.
- Buy your dog a fun new dog toy. Or two...or five.
- Help out a senior citizen. Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by walking their dog.
- Go out on a dog-friendly outing. Take your dog to the beach or park.
- Teach your dog a new behavior. Training enriches your dog’s life and improves your relationship.
- Train Better! Register for ClickerExpo 2016 in Portland, OR (January 27-29) or Stamford, CT (March 31-April 2) and take your training further!