This year's January ClickerExpo will take place in southern California (Long Beach) aboard the (docked) art-deco luxury liner The Queen Mary.
What a great venue! The hotel has parks on the ground and a dog-walking area on the top deck. ClickerExpo attendees will stay in elegant ship cabins. The meeting spaces are beautiful. The food is great. 100 or so people are bringing dogs. I can't wait to get there!
And we have some changes!
- We have changed most of the afternoon Sessions from 90 minutes to two 45-minute Sessions. This new format provides more variety for you, and more opportunities for new faces.
- I think you'll be excited to hear Hannah Branigan, a Karen Pryor Academy (KPA) faculty member, discuss clicker training for high-level obedience competition.
- Many of you may know Kikopup, whose delightful clicker videos are highly popular on YouTube. In daily life she's Emily Larlham, and she will be presenting at ClickerExpo for the first time.
- Peggy Hogan, who brings clicker training to horse owners in California, is another new presenter.
- If you are at all involved in animal welfare and shelters, be sure to catch Leanne Falkingham's presentation. Leanne is the author of our new online course on low-budget/high-success programs for making life better—for dogs, cats, AND humans—in the shelter environment.
- Want to see training magic? Catch Lindsay Wood's super clicker protocol for fixing food guarding behavior and turning an unadoptable dog into a safe family pet.
What's the biggest draw? Some people say the ClickerExpo Store! It's bigger and better than ever. Don't overlook the streaming videos from present and past ClickerExpos; take advantage of a discount if you order videos before you go to ClickerExpo.
Got questions? Learn more about ClickerExpo.
See you soon! Happy clicking!